Ghana’s senior national team, the Black Stars will return to action in November, 2020 following the approval of the resumption dates for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers and the 2022 World Cup qualifiers by the Confederation of African Football, CAF.
This was communicated to member Associations on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. CAF, in March, 2020, postponed all qualifiers indefinitely due to the Corona Virus pandemic. But the Executive Committee of the continents football governing body, has now decided that the remaining four qualifying rounds for Cameroon 2021 will be cleared during the International football windows in November 2020 and March 2021.
The Black Stars were just two weeks away from locking horns with Sudan when CAF postponed the qualifiers.
The statement read "Reference to the decision of CAF Executive Committee, during its meeting held on the 30th of June 2020, to postpone the Final Tournament of the Total Africa Cup of Nations, Cameroon 2021 to January 2022 we would like to communicate to you the new dates of the qualifiers of the Total Africa Cup of Nations 2021 and the FIFA World Cup, Qatar 2022".
FIFA International Window Round (Competition)
- 5-13 Oct 2020 Available to National Associations
- 9-17 Nov 2020 Match Day 3&4(Total AFCON 2021)
- 22-30 Mar 2021 Match Day 5&6(Total AFCON 2021)
- 31 May - 15 Jun 2021 Match Day 1&2 (FIFA WC 2022)
- 30 Aug - 7 Sep 2021 Match Day 3&4 (FIFA WC 2022)
- 4 - 12 Oct 2021 Match Day 5&6 (FIFA WC 2022)
- 8 - 16 Nov 2021 Knock-out Matches (FIFA WC 2022