The Ghana Football Association wishes to announce a job opening for the position of Technical Director.
Read on for the details:
Job Title: Technical Director
Reports to: General Secretary
Position based in: Technical Directorate, Accra.
The Technical Directorate shall primarily oversee the technical aspects of football development in Ghana; responsible for player development programs, coaching strategies, talent identification and implementing the football philosophy to enhance the quality of football in Ghana.
a. To be responsible for the welfare of the technical handlers and players of the National Teams.
b. To organize coaching courses for coaches in order to improve the techniques of coaching.
c. To educate coaches, players, clubs and the spectating public on the laws of the game and the regulations of GFA and the international bodies to which GFA is affiliated.
d. To arrange courses and conferences for Match Officials, Team Officials, Instructors, Trainers and Administrators;
e. To assess the training programs of the National Teams, examine reports on Players made by the Handlers (Team Managers, Coaches and the Welfare Officers), analyses international matches and advise the Executive Council.
f. To organize refresher courses for Referees to enable them to update their techniques and knowledge in refereeing.
e. To study the reports of match officials and make recommendations to the Executive Council.
h. To stay current on emerging football technologies and recommend its use to the Ghana Football Association.
i. To be responsible for the classification and grading of coaches.
j. Develop effective scouting networks and recruitment system to identify and recruit talents for national teams.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
1. A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Sports Science, Sports Management, Physical Education, or a related field
2. Additional coaching certifications (e.g. UEFA Pro License)
1. A minimum of 15 years' experience in professional football, with a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the game, coaching methodologies, and player development.
2. Demonstrated success in developing and implementing technical strategies, preferably at national or international levels, showcasing the ability to improve the overall quality and performance of football
1. Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, mentor, and lead a team of coaches, technical staff, and players
2. A visionary leader capable of developing long-term plans and strategies to elevate the technical aspects of football in Ghana, which aligns with the FA's goals.
3. Comprehensive understanding of FIFA regulations, national and international football governing bodies' rules, and compliance standards
1. A deep passion for football development and commitment to nurturing young talents, improving infrastructure, and fostering grassroots programs.
2. Flexibility to adapt to evolving football landscapes, changing regulations, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
3. A commitment to upholding the highest ethical standards, integrity, and fair play principles in all aspects of the role.
4. Cultural Sensitivity: Appreciation and respect for Ghanaian football culture, traditions, and diversity.
Mode of Application
Applicants should submit their application including statement of strength and CV to the GFA via the email address provided: [email protected]
Deadline for submission: Not later than 17hrs GMT (5pm Local Time) on Friday, December 08, 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.