Asante Kotoko share points with Dreams FC in Kumasi

1 year ago

Dethroned champions Asante Kotoko drew goalless with Dreams FC in their last game of the season at the the Baba Yara Stadium in Kumasi.

The Porcupine Warriors needed a win to avenge the 2-0 defeat in the first round of the season.

Asante Kotoko were on a three match uneaten run following two wins and a draw in the against Kotoku Royals (3-1), Karela United (1-1) and Accra Lions (1-0).

Dreams FC went into the game looking to end on a high having found a good form in the last three games of the season. The Still Believe lads pip Aduana FC 1-0 at Dormaa before beating Great Olympics 2-1 at Dawu.

The visitors played a compact game and thwarted the efforts in the entire game as the game ended 0-0.

Dreams FC, will now turn their attention to the MTN FA Cup final against King Faisal on Sunday, June 12,2023.

Isaac Mintah scored the match winner at the Agyemang Badu Park where Aduana FC pip Bechem United 1-0 to finish in second place with 55 points.

Accra Hearts of ended a string of defeats as they held Berekum Chelsea to a goalless draw at the Golden City Park.

Elsewhere at Sogakope, Accra Great Olympics scored two second half goals to beat Nsoatreman FC 2-1. Michael Osei opened the scoring in the 50th minute before Christopher Nettey added the second goal in the 64th minute. Walid Fiseini reduced the deficit for the visitors in the 79th minute.

King Faisal ended the season with a 1-0 win over Real Tamale United at the Aliu Mahama stadium.

Legon Cities beat FC Samartex in a thrilling encounter at the El Wak stadium. The Royals who needed the points to stay up made their intentions clear right from the get go as they score the opener in the 4th minute through Ahmed Rahman.

Ebenezer Armegah added to the tally 4 minutes with a cool finish. But Evans Osei Wusu pulled one back just before the break.

Michel Otou restored the two goal advantage for Legon Cities after connecting a lovely ball in the 81st minute. Emmanuel Keyekeh later scored in the 89th minute to leave make the scores  3-2 in favour of Legon Cities.

Karela United scored three first half goals to beat Kotoku Royals 3-2 at the theatre of Dreams at Dawu. Emmanuel Boakye netted in the 1st minute before Kharim Ayeh netted in the 26th and 46th minutes as the away side took a giant step towards the three points.

Francis Andy Kumi missed a penalty in the second half but the home side staged a remarkable comeback to reduce the deficit to 3-2. Richard Mensah fired from close range before Clinton Kumi scored late on. But it wasn’t enough to rescue them a point as Karela United held on to win 3-2.