The West African Football Union B (WAFU B) announces a job opening for the position of Executive Director.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – WAFU B
- Ready to lead a new era in African football? You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit an Executive Director
Responsibilities: • Leading the administration of the Zonal Union
• Act as a focal point and liaise between the CAF HQ, and Member Associations of the Zonal Unions. • Report to the Director of Member Associations
• Support CAF HQ in obtaining supporting documents from its Member Associations and communicate with the different MAs and Zonal Unions to receive the documents necessary for the payment of the annual subvention.
• Provide CAF with updates on the scheduled meetings and activities in the Zonal Union including but not limited to general assemblies, executive committee meetings, and any other activities.
• Establish, after consultation with the Zonal Union’s President, the agenda of the meetings of the General Assembly, the meetings of the Executive Board and the meetings of the ad hoc committees, draw up their respective minutes in due time and share them with CAF.
• Ensure the administration of the Zonal Union is managed in conformity with CAF standards and global financial governance best practices.
• Assist / coordinate / implement activities that contribute to Football Development in the Zonal Unions (such as Workshops, Courses, etc.) in coordination with CAF HQ.
• Ensure CAF regulations are respected by the different Member Associations of the Zonal Union and report any issues to CAF HQ.
• Organize at least one women’s competition and two youth competitions annually; any other Zonal Union competition requested by CAF
• Provide support to CAF in the elaboration of Zonal competition regulations and ensure they are being adhered to once they are approved
• Secure sponsors and generate revenues for the Zonal Union competitions
Requirements (profile): • Higher Education such as (Master’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management or equivalent) • Extensive experience as a manager or director in the sports field, preferably football • Experience in Event Coordination, Management, and budgeting • Willing to relocate to Abidjan, Côte D’Ivoire • Willing to travel within the respective Zone
We offer: • An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
Interested persons are to send their applications to the following address [email protected]
Deadline for applications : December 15, 2023