The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced the draw procedure and dates for the U-20 FIFA Women’s World Cup Qualifiers.
The draw is which will take place on Thursday, June 8, 2023 in Cairo, Egypt is scheduled for 13:00 local time (11:00 GMT).
Ghana are on standby for the first round and will join the race for a spot in the second round.
Below is the draw procedure:
- First round is composed of 6 teams. (The 6 teams are determined according to their participation in the last U-20 Women’s World Cup editions).
- Second round: the 3 qualified teams from the first round in addition to the 29 exempted teams will play the 2nd round. 16 teams will qualify for the 3rd round.
- Third round: The 16 qualified teams will play the 3rd round qualifying 8 teams for the 4th round.
- Fourth round: the 8 qualified teams will play the 4th round qualifying 4 teams to the 5th round.
- Fifth Round: the 4 qualified teams will play the last round qualifying 2 teams to the U-20 Women's World Cup.
35 Nations have been confirmed for the draw:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, DR Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eq. Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Libya, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda & Zambia.
The Black Princesses will be chasing a record 7th straight FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup.