The Technical Director heads the Technical Directorate of the Football Association performs the following functions:
- He formulate guidelines, strategies and policies for the training and the technical development of coaches of Ghana football,
- He provides advice to the Executive Council on coaching and technical development matters in general
- He may be called to supervise national football team coaches if need be
- He is responsible for the strategy, development and technical direction of the Technical Directorate,
- He is responsible for the preparation and implementation of technical programmes at the grassroots, juvenile, and National Teams thereby preparing football coaches and footballers for the future
- He is required to build the capacity of the of Technical Directorate of the Association that will include but not limited to the following departments; Coach Education, Referee Education, Talent Identification, Performance Analysis, Technical Studies and Video Analysis, Health and Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Strength and Conditioning and Sports Medicine.