Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan has been shortlisted in the final five for the 2014 African Player of the Year award.
Gyan is joined on the list announced by CAF on Monday by Nigeria duo Ahmed Musa and Vincent Enyeama.
Also competing for the award is Pierre – Emerick Aubameyang from Gabon and Ivorian Yaya Toure.
The winner will be decided by votes from the head coaches/technical directors of the national associations affiliated to CAF.
The award will be handed out to the deserving winner at a gala ahead of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals on 8 January in Lagos, Nigeria.
African Player of the Year, the shortlists are (alphabetical order)
1. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria, CSKA Moscow)
2. Asamoah Gyan (Ghana, Al Ain)
3. Pierre – Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon, Borussia Dortmund)
4. Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria, Lille)
5. Yaya Toure (Cote d’Ivoire, Manchester City)