Sulley Muntari is confident that the new members in the Black Stars team will stand up and be counted in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying.
Ghana's 24-man squad is minus John Mensah, Michael Essien, John Paintsil, Andre Ayew and Asamoah Gyan, all regular members of the team who are out of next month's double due to varied reasons.
Despite their absence, Muntari told the press after a Ghana training session last week in Accra that there is no sign of let-up in the Black Stars squad following the decision to exclude certain players.
“Not really because our coach knows the best. He knows how he is going to choose the guys and how to position everyone on the field,” Muntari said.
“It's going to be difficult without them but it's part of life. We will try our best to win in order make them happy and come back to play with us.”
Ghana, who have made two appearances at the World Cup will be aiming for a third-straight qualifying when the continental campaign starts for places in the finals to be hosted by Brazil in two years time.
The Black Stars play Lesotho on June 1 in the opening Group D match at the Baba Yara Stadium and will follow up with an away clash against Zambia on June 9.